easy question

i received unprotected oral sex in spring of 1997.

i was tested for HIV with orasure in spring of 1998. i tested negative. i also tested again with orasure in either fall '98 or spring of '99 and tested negative.

i have also donated blood acouple time in '98 & '99 yrs. i never heard anything back from the donation center about my blood coming up with problems being tested for any STD.

Is it safe to say I am hiv negative? the incident in 1997 was the only time that has put me at risk.

Yes, it is safe to say that you are HIV negative. The Orasure testing system--an HIV antibody test that uses oral fluid instead of blood--is highly accurate. Please see my response to "Orasure" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Testing/Q2946.qna) for detailed information on your question.

RMK

Tattoos
hiv+ woman and transmission