Thorough Blood testing?

I am a little confused as to how people test your blood and if different tests need to be performed for each possible illness. I will be getting married soon and am just generally worried about the possibility of either of us having something. My girlfriend went to her gynecologist (since we are about to get married and they took some samples and set her up with birth control) and they took blood and said they would test for hep. C and also for a couple common std's (which they did mention), but did not mention anything about testing for things such as hiv. My question is, while testing for hep. c would they be able to determine or would they go ahead and check for hiv as well?

It is unlikely that a provider would inform you that they would be screening for hepatitis C and not tell you that they were screening for HIV infection. It is customary for providers to get a client's informed consent for HIV testing, whether it is verbal or in writing, before they proceed with HIV testing. However, many providers might not routinely provide HIV testing unless the client specifically asks for it.

For more information about HIV testing, please read through the articles posted on The Body (http://thebody.com/testing.html).

RMK

razors
tonsils and exudate