Transmission through towel

Dear Ryan -

Thanks for your responses to so many questions. I am a "worried well" person and have always kept away from girls because of the fear of HIV. Somehow 3 weeks back I went to a strip club, which did not look very up class. The stripper - after giving me a lap dance, went on to give me a hand job. While she was doing this, she kept a towel on top of my penis. She also rubbed her back over the towel a couple of times. She kept masturbating me till I ejaculated. Now the concern that I have is that since I exposed my penis too her hands and her towel - is there a chance of getting HIV. What if the towel she used had her secretions - the towel was not soaking wet and was quite dry. I have been having body aches for the last 2 weeks but that could be because of extreme stress I have been for the past 2 weeks. Thanks

The information about HIV transmission fully supports that HIV is not transmitted through receiving a hand job or through contact with a towel, even if there are vaginal fluids on the towel. This does not mean that it is an impossibility. The odds are just extremely low.

The fact that you define yourself as a "worried-well" partly answers your question. I take that to mean that you tend to be anxious about illness and infection, even though your risk for illness and infection may be low or non-existent. I recommend to all people that present as "worried-well" to work as hard as they can on treating the causes and symptoms of their anxiety, instead of temporarily relieving the anxiety or exacerbating HIV by researching about or testing for HIV. Professional counseling is advisable.

RMK

Infection risks and PCR-test reliability
Spermicide