Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please reply anxious
Jun 28, 2001

I had an exposure (oral sex with condom /mutual masturbation) and after about a few weeks i had flu like symtons,and rash ,the doctor said its chicken pox . is it a possiblilty that i may have been infected and hence had got chicken pox.please reply . is there a possibility that chicken pox may be a signal for possible hiv infection

Response from Mr. Kull

There is no connection between chicken pox and HIV infection. It is highly unlikely that you would have been infected with HIV in the encounter you describe. However, it is possible that you got chicken pox from your sexual partner. Chickenpox is much easier to contract than HIV, since transmission can occur through physical contact with an infected person. The virus that causes chickenpox, varicella-zoster, can also be airborne.

RMK

Previous
Low Risk?
Next
soap dilemma

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.