Only 8 days after infection ?

Dear Sir,

I think that I have HIV. It is very early time to make a test but I made love with my wife (*one time) without condom just 8 days after the possible infection risk. My wife is 7 months pregnant.

My question is: if I really have HIV, what is the possibility of infect my wife 8 days after ? What do you advice us to do ?

How do you know that you are HIV infected? Do you have enough information to really believe that you are infected or are you partly responding to some feelings of anxiety? I recommend that you talk with a professional about your level of risk so that you have a better idea of where you stand. Try calling the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at 1.800.232.4636.

It is possible to transmit HIV eight days after infection. If you are truly at risk for infection, it is advisable that you use condoms for your sexual contact with your wife. Please see my responses to "Time it takes to become HIV infector" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q9786.qna) and "How much HIV does it take to cause infection?" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Other/Q12484.qna).

RMK

My life has become hell, please answer!
CONCERED-CLUB HANDJOB