|Persistant swollen Glands
Jun 25, 2001
I had unprotected sex with a girl i didnt know. 5 and a half weeks later I get sick with flu like symptoms, glands in groin are swollen, but don't hurt. Now, 3 weeks later, gland in neck has just swollen up. Could this be a sign of HIV infection.
| Response from Mr. Kull
Your symptoms could be attributed to several different things, many of them not nearly as serious as HIV infection. However, since you did have unprotected sex, it is possible that you were exposed to HIV. It is impossible to tell you if your symptoms are related to HIV or not. The only reliable thing that can tell you your HIV status is an HIV anitbody test at three months following your exposure.
Any symptoms that persist and/or get worse should be checked out by a doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Hiv Persistent Swollen Glands Discomfort
- Rectal Bleeding After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.