query

What is the percentage of people who are diagnosed with H.I.V eventually getting A.I.D.S?

This is a difficult question to answer, and becomes more difficult when you take into account the success of antiviral medications. The majority of HIV infected people who are not treated will progress to AIDS and die. A small proportion of individuals who have been the focus of some researchers in recent years have been infected for quite some time and have not progressed to AIDS. These individuals are referred to as long-term non-progressors (LTNP) and have not clinically demonstrated disease progression for 15 years or more. Reasons for their longevity are only partially understood by researchers.

One study that I located recruited 500+ HIV infected individuals whose date of seroconversion could be ascertained with sufficient accuracy. Among those individuals, 2-4% fit into the definition of LTNP.

The arrival of antiviral medications has altered the landscape of HIV disease. With the advancement of treatments and the encouraging clinical improvements in many HIV infected individuals, it is not clear how long people can survive with HIV infection.

RMK

Possible Exposure
Sorry to ask