Hello Ryan!

Hi, I appreciate all that you are doing for us, that are really worried about getting infected by answering our questions

2 years ago, I had a boyfriend, who said that he never had sex before with anyone, (just with a girl his age when he was 15 years old and that he used a condom) at that point he was 23 years old.

We had real sex on our 2nd anniversary (for the first time basically) and we kept on for 6 months later, after that we broke up, so basically I was active for 6 months, but he lived out of town, so we saw each other every month or two, so in total I had un protected sex 15 times aprox, and only 1 time when I had my period and 4 times he ejaculated inside of me, the rest of the time he came outside of me. All of this ended in May 99.

Now I have a happy relationship that started in July 2000, and we had sex until February 2001 and we've done it like 3 times, and only for a minute, so he hasn't eyaculated inside of me, ever.

I'm worried about being infected now from last boyfriend, because about 8months ago he called me to tell me that he couldn't live without telling me that he lied to me, that before me he had a girlfriend and practically lived with her, and he says he's not infected, that girl, now is married to someone else, and as far as I know she is not infected either. But I'm not sure if he is positive about that because he tested himself or what?

Please help me, should I get a test?, Could I be infected? I really don't want to put on risk my new boyfriend I really care for him, and he doesn't know that I had sex before with that old boyfriend.

Thanks for your help, I can't live with myself anymore.

The only way that you can tell if you are HIV infected is to have an HIV antibody test. It is difficult to determine what your HIV status is based on history alone. While it is reassuring that your last boyfriend says that he is HIV negative, it is difficult to draw conclusions about your own health based on his words.

People often have a difficult time talking with their partners about their fears, especially when it involves prior romantic and sexual relationships. That fear can sometimes immobilize individuals and lead to complications in the current relationship. It will be important for you to figure out a way to work through your fears, maybe through communicating with your partner or by having an HIV antibody test.

RMK

Scared of Sex
Sexually Transmitted diseases caught by oral contact