arms going numb!

First, thank you for the time you dedicate to this forum. I would like your expert opinion to help me decide if I am proceeding correctly. I had a sexual encounter 8 weeks ago (partial hand insertion in vagina). I had a fresh cut under my fingernail (< 30 minutes old). There was alot of vaginal fluid. I am uncertain of the status of the other person but due to the nature of the encounter I am extremely suspicious. After the encounter I immediately washed my hands with soap and water. Two days later I developed swelling/pain in nodules down the tricep area of my arms and on the inside of my thighs. Also, I experienced night sweats, insomnia, malaise, later I experienced painful neck and throat, muscle and joint aches. It also appears that I have lost alot of lean meat. It is painful to sit down. While most of the symptoms have dissipated, I still am experiencing periodic numbness in my hands and arms, especially when sleeping. I have been seen by a physician, and have had blood work done at 21 days and 53 days past exposure. The antibody tests at those times were negative. My question is are these symptons of infection or seroconversion, shouldn't antibodies show up by 53 days?and what should I do next?

I would really appreciate a response. Thanks for your time.

It is great that you are seeing a physician to get a better understanding of your symptoms. Based on your antibody test results, combinded with the occurrence of symptoms two days after your encounter, AND the very low likelihood of transmission happening through the activity you describe, it is unlikely that you are infected. There is no evidence that anyone has been infected by putting their fingers in an infected person's vagina, even though transmission is possible.

Remember that your HIV antibody test will not be accurate until at least three months have elapsed since your last exposure.

RMK

syringe injury at work
Scared of Sex