married and in depression

Hi, I recently had a gay sexual experience with two men while on a business trip.After one of them came,I might have had semen on my finger while I deep fingered myself anally.I DID SEE BLOOD AFTER I REMOVED MY FINGER FROM MY ANUS.My partner said he was HIV- but I'm totally sick with fear that I may have infected myself with my finger in my anus with his semen. I'm going to have to wait 2 more months before getting tested so the minimum 3 month period has concluded.Am I doomed? I've been married for 19 years and this in my only gay experience. Do I have a fair chance for infection,if my partner was in fact HIV+? Please answer if you would....

Having HIV infected semen come into contact with the mucous membranes of your rectum does present a possibility for infection. However, this does not mean that you were infected or that you are at significant risk for infection. It sounds like you are unsure about several factors in this encounter, and that you've been focusing on the absolute worse case scenario.

The bottom line is that there is no documented evidence of someone getting infected through fingering. Sexual transmission of HIV most often occurs through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse, and to a much smaller degree through performing oral sex on men. Variables such as the type of fluid, the volume of fluid, the amount of virus in that fluid, the presence of STDs, and the uninfected person's immune response, all play a role in the likelihood of transmission. One exposure like yours poses little risk for infection, but given the circumstances, it is understandable that you would want to get tested.

Try not to deal with the issues you are experiencing in isolation. If you are depressed or anxious, see a mental health professional. This may be an important time for you to explore some feelings about your relationships, feelings and sexuality.

RMK

Oral Sex and Sex Worker
Probability of infection?!