Oral Sex and Sex Worker

I recetnly had a HIV test, which was negative...however, about a month and a half earlier I performed oral sex on a call girl. I did have the very beginning stages of gum disease at the time...no real bleeding (but dentist has since treated it). I have had no other sexual contact in about 9 months and in that instance I received oral sex, should I wait for another 8 months or so, and have another HIV test?? How much do these test cost if one does not have health insurance? I know that the transmission probability is lower than anal or vaginal sex? But how long should i wait before re-testing?

It is generally recommended that one waits a minimum of three months following a potential exposure to have an HIV antibody test. See my response to "Definite Exposure" for more information on the window period.

You are at low-risk for infection when performing oral sex on a woman. Having gum disease may increase the possibility of transmission, but you still remain at low-risk for infection. See my response to "HIV from oral sex" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q27172.qna).

You should be able to find free testing in your area, possibly through your local department of health. Health insurance is not required. Give the National AIDS Hotline at the CDC a call for more information 1.800.232.4636.

RMK

Genital Warts
married and in depression