Genital Warts

I recently found out that I had a genital wart...the doctor removed it, but it concerned me because it was on the shaft of my penis...pretty close to the head. I have always worn a condom during sex...with the exception of receiving oral sex. I did not believe that the HPV virus could be transmitted orally. The wart was removed using liquid nitrogen...my doctor made sure and removed the skin from the entire area. What is the chance of it coming back, and can I infect others when there is no visible wart?

Treatment of genital warts has varying effectiveness among individuals. Having warts removed in no way guarantees that you are no longer infected with HPV (the virus that causes warts), that you will not have another outbreak, or that you will not transmit it to your partners. People with healthy immune systems who receive aggressive treatment of the warts (as in your case) may never experience another outbreak in their lifetime. While condoms are great protection against STDs, they do not guarantee 100% protection from HPV transmission. You are most likely to transmit HPV while you are experiencing active warts.

Take a glance at my response to "HPV and genital warts" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Hepatitis/Q10991.qna) and HPV information in the "Sexually Transmitted Disease Basics" (http://www.thebody.com/safesex/stdbasics.html#hpv).

RMK

How risky is pre-cum contact with the urethra
Oral Sex and Sex Worker