Please tell me!!! Can HIV be spread right away!

Hi Doc.I've asked this question before but i never got answered. I'm really worried about something. If I contracted HIV, would I be able to infect someone else right away?? Or within 2 weeks? What is the time before someone who is HIV+ is able to infect others?

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no specific answer to your question since immune responses will vary from person to person. Some research states that HIV disseminates through the body within five days. If you have a potential exposure to HIV, it is best to not have unprotected sex with your partners regardless of the time that has elapsed.

Questions similar to yours has been answered in this forum before. See "Time it takes to become HIV infector" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q9786.qna) and "How much HIV does it take to cause infection?" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Other/Q12484.qna).

RMK

Testing once and for all
Married with problem