SKIN RASHES? DARK AND ITCHY1979

I have noticed that in the past 2 to 3 weeks I have had these sort of roundish dark spots or rash like spots to appear on my upper body mainly under my arms and on my sides they have started to spread around my lower body on my thigh right beside my pubic hair. And I noticed one rash spot on the top part of the shaft of my penis. These spots ITCH like Hell whenever I get out the shower or get out of the Bath Tub.. I have been using a type of anti-itch lotion used to treat all types of insect bites and other rashes and they have been drying up I do see a difference. But Do you think that this could be a sign that I have HIV. I have never been tested in My life but I am so scared to get tested. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Skin conditions can be really confusing, so I understand your concern. However, I am not a doctor so I am reluctant to even guess what might be going on with you. It is really important for a professional to actually look at what’s going on with your skin while the symptoms are present. Without any kind of risk history, I cannot assess your risk for HIV exposure or the urgency for you to get tested.

My recommendation: go see a dermatologist (a medical doctor who specializes in problems involving the skin). You could probably get a referral to one through your primary care physician. Many health clinics have a dermatologist on staff or on call. Be careful using over-the-counter products to treat something that you do not understand. It could aggravate your skin condition.

Good luck to you as you try to figure this out.

RMK

Need your opinion
Can you get an STD if you use a condom?