Passing Blunts and Saliva

I smoke weed. I smoke weed with other people. What diseases am I at risk for from this activity?

In terms of HIV transmission, sharing blunts, weed (marijuana), cigarettes, sodas, etc., does not put you at any risk. If you are concerned about contact with other people's saliva, you might be at risk for anything transmitted via saliva (like a cold). Getting saliva or a mouth related STD -- like herpes or hepatitis B -- is extremely unlikely. You are still engaging in casual contact, not sexual.

If you have unprotected sex with the people you share blunts with, you would be at risk for STDs and HIV. Smoking weed might increase your risk for lung-related illnesses. If you consider substance abuse a disease, then you are at risk for that as well.

Another point to remember: drugs and alcohol can lower your inhibitions and impair judgement. When you have sex while you are high, you may be inclined to leave the condom behind.

Peace.

RMK

Pricked by a pin at the Movies
Undetectability Scenario: Betty & Steve