The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Jul 19, 2000

I have had on 2 occasions in the last week a little yellow green mucus like spot in my under wear. Is it possible this could be gonorrhea? No other symptoms, I have searched the web and it always and it points to gonorrhea this which is unlikely. Is it even remotely possible to get something like this if the penis comes in contact with the ring of a public toilet bowel during a bowel movement. I have used public restrooms for bowel movements 2 times in the last month.

Thank you

Response from Mr. Kull

If your only risk for having gonorrhea is sitting on public toilets seats, than you do not have gonorrhea. This is considered CASUAL CONTACT. Gonorrhea is SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED. If you have been sexually active (oral, anal, vaginal sex) than it is possible that you have been exposed to an STD.

Gonorrhea, chlamydia and nongonococcal/non-specific urethritis can be characterized by discharge (a pus-like fluid) and pain or burning sensations when you urinate (pee). Symptoms usually occur two to ten days following contact with an infected partner.

Have you seen any discharge directly from your penis? If you do, you may want to see a medical doctor to determine what might be happening. If not, the stains on your underwear might not be discharge at all.


unprotected-insertive oral sex at risk for hpv syphilis hepatitis herpes?
Peace of Mind for a Mistake made...

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint