Massage and infections

Dear Mr.Sowadsky,

Though I never had any sex -- anal or vaginal intercourse or oral or any other type of sexual activity that I know of, with any woman other than my wife, I did visit some women sometimes for other forms of pleasure such as (i) massaging - sometimes bare bodied, other times with clothes on, (ii) fondling (I fondling her breasts and she my penis), and hugging (bare bodied and otherwise). Very rarely, fondling penis resulted in my semen spilling out into the women's hands or her clothes. However, in all these acts I have ensured that my penis never touched the vagina or anus or the mouth of the women. Do you think the activities that I described above (i and ii) can expose me to any type of infection?

Thanks

Read through Rick Sowadsky's responses to Frequently Asked Questions and some of my recent responses on this site. Also look through answers to questions about Transmission (Sexual) and Transmission (Non-Sexual).

No cases of HIV have been reported to be transmitted outside of anal, vaginal and oral sex. No cases of transmission have occurred through receiving oral sex, fingering (finger-fucking), mutual masturbation, massage, lap dancing, handshakes, touching, rubbing, wrestling, and the like. HIV is not transmitted by casual contact. Look at Rick's Casual Contact list to get an idea of what constitutes casual contact.

Try to look at the facts and separate them from the circumstances. If you are engaging in contact other than oral, anal, and vaginal sex, it is irrelevant if the person was a prostitute or a lap dancer or a gay male. It's the behavior (fluids coming into contact with mucous membranes) that adds up to HIV risk.

Get to know Rick's and my responses. It might be helpful to anticipate what we would say in response to your story. It's more often low-risk than not. If you still have trouble working through your anxiety, you might consider talking to a counselor.

Hope this helps.

RMK

Asian Concerns
Lap Dancer and Vaginal Fluids