Waiting period for test results

I recently had an HIV test done at my Doctor's office, and recieved the results the next evening. The test was done on a Tuesday and he said the results would be back by Thursday at the latest, in many of your responses you said it would take several days. What kind of test did he perform that I was able to get the results so quickly?

Everyone should be so lucky to have such an efficient doctor! The time it takes for one to receive an HIV test result is not a reliable way to determine the type of screening process used. Different laboratories will take different amounts of time depending upon their workload, protocol, staffing, and efficiency. The amount of time it takes a doctor's office to complete the process will also vary. Therefore, it is best if you ask your doctor what type of test he ordered.

Hopefully you have confidence in your doctor's procedures. It is important that patients communicate with their doctors in a straightforward and honest manner to create a more productive, less mysterious, and trusting relationship.

RMK

Can't seem to diagnose?!
Extreme anxiety