Can't seem to diagnose?!

Ten years ago I had a nurse practioner tell me she thought I had herpes. I tested negative with a culture and a blood test only showed antibodies for herpes type 1. Now I have been experiencing burning and redness in the vulva without any blisters. After two more negative cultures I was prescribed Triamcinolone cream for 3 weeks (for dermatitis?) which seemed to help. It all came back when I stopped the cream. What would this medication do (if anything) if this is herpes?

Triamcinolone is a medication that is used to treat fungal infections, not herpes. The medication you used helps to relieve irritation, redness, and swelling of affected areas.

Please remember, I am not a substitute for your medical provider. If you are unclear as to why your doctor prescribed this medication, it is important that you get clarification directly from her mouth.

RMK

test question
Waiting period for test results