having anal unprotected sex with positive partner

I recently had sex with a positive partner. I didn't know he was til about a week later. During sex i was the top and he was the bottom. i did perform oral sex on him,he wasn't erect nor did he ejaculate. we engaged in anal sex and fisting. The sex was unprotected also i didn't wear a glove when fisting.When ejacualting we didn't come i contact with each others semen at all. I wnted to know what the risks for me as the negative top.

Having unprotected anal sex, whether you are the top or bottom, does put you at risk for HIV infection and other sexually transmitted infections. HIV infected fluids coming into contact with your urethra (the tube you pee out of) does pose a risk for HIV transmission. During anal sex, and especially after fisting, there is an increased likelihood of blood being present in the rectum. Blood is highly infectious, so condom use for the insertive partner is important. Wearing a latex glove for fisting is recommended, even though it there is a low risk of infection during this activity (as long as blood doesn't come into contact with your mucous membranes or bloodstream). Read my response to "Unprotected Anal Sex" (http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q10974.qna).

While the odds of becoming infected in one instance of unprotected sex are pretty low, there is a real risk here. Try to look at the factors that contributed to you having sex without condoms in this encounter so that you can better prepare yourself for future encounters. If you notice a pattern of sexual activity that is or may be compromising your health, seek out some support to help you work through and better understand your behavior.

RMK

Hair salons and hiv transmission risks
prostitutes and std transmission