Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Herpes Home (Alone) Test?
May 18, 2001

Suspicious an Ex girlfriend may have been unfaithful, I have spent the last 7 hours searching the net, because over the last 6 weeks I have begun noticing small bumps that look like acne on my pubic region-just below my waistline one may have been there as long as 10 weeks. If they are squeezed or scratched eventually they open, however, a liquid does not come out. The substance inside is like a thick ball of skin about the size of a ball in a ballpoint pen. Bleeding begins immediately not like a pimple. At first I suspected razor burn, or a rash from constricting clothes - like a diaper rash. Recently I have noticed about 12 small bumps on the penis shaft. I suspect Herpes from the info I have found online although all the pics online look more severe. The bumps are not painful, and they don't bother me until I mess with them. Is there a home test for Genital Herpes? Or is it possible that this could be Syphilis? Or just a rash as the contents are not liquidly? I take Doxycycline for acne & Metabolife orally. I also use Nizoral for irritation on my scalp. (Im a basket case) I know you cannot diagnose over the net, but do these symptoms sound consistent with any STDs? Thanks for your service!

Response from Mr. Kull

Quite frankly, your symptoms do not sound like symptoms of herpes or syphilis, but it is impossible to tell through a medium such as this. As far as I know, there are no home tests for herpes or syphilis, and your best bet for a diagnosis is a clinical exam by a medical doctor. You mention razor burn, which is quite possible if you have been shaving in that region. You would be likely to experience pain or discomfort with sores related to herpes or syphilis.

RMK

Previous
Both Pos, different combination therapies can I acquire his resistance?
Next
6 months after exposure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.