Sex on my period

I had sex with a male whom I think is HIV + while I was on my period. Can I get HIV while I'm on my period? Are my risk greater of contracting HIV?

Having unprotected sex during your period will not increase or decrease the likelihood of YOU becoming infected. HIV infected fluids are still (theoretically) coming into contact with your mucous membranes. The presence of menstrual blood during sexual contact is only significant if: 1) the person having their period is HIV+, and 2) an uninfected person's mucous membranes come into contact with the HIV infected blood.

Why is it that you "think" that your partner was HIV infected? On what evidence/facts are you basing your conclusion? If you think that he is HIV+, what is your understanding of why you had unprotected sex with him? Since you never really know if your partner is HIV infected unless he or she tells you, it is not wise to jump to conclusions and to try and use condoms as much as possible for sexual intercourse.

RMK

Precum Issues
STD?