Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Sex with someone on PrEP?

I had sex (bottomed) for someone on prep. They showed me their prep prescription on their email and said they were tested 2 weeks before. I was tested 1 month after and was std free. Is there any need to get tested again?

Response from Mr. Jacobs

Hi there, congratulations on making your sexual health decisions based in science and medicine. You could get tested again, there's no harm. If you had been exposed to any STDs from this encounter, then 30 days would have been a sufficient window period for them to show up. If your partner was truly on PrEP as he stated, and there seems to be no reason to think he wasn't, then he would not have HIV and cannot transmit HIV. So based on the situations you describe, it seems there is no medical urgency to getting retested for HIV or STIs.

However, this is definitely one of those occasions where I would love to know the reasons why you are not using PrEP yourself. I don't doubt your partner was on PrEP but I do question the logic of you using another person's health decisions as your own way of preventing HIV. If you wish to remain HIV negative that is 100% your responsibility, not anyone else's.

If you're like me and about 380,000 other people in the world, and you enjoy having the option of having sex without condoms without acquiring HIV, then you may choose to use PrEP for yourself. It is a wonderful tool for bottoms in order to be in complete control of their HIV status regardless of what their partners say or do.

We discuss PrEP regularly in the "PrEP Facts" group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/PrEPFacts. There you can ask questions including about the many ways to access and afford PrEP. I hope you will consider learning more and finding out if PrEP is the right decision for you.

Thank you for writing in. I hope this information helps you to make proactive, responsible, and empowered decisions about your pleasure and protection.

I shaved my chest then after two days I'm having red dot like burning rash near the hair follicles....
Sexual contact with hiv+ positive man (scared to death, please respond)