Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I shaved my chest then after two days I'm having red dot like burning rash near the hair follicles....

Nov 20, 2018

Now my question is that am I HIV positive? I have gone for the HIV antigen test after 10 days of possible exposure. It came negative. But I'm feeling something.. I don't know why. Please let me know. My symptoms are as follows- 1.Runny Nose 2.2days of sore throat 3.Feet Pain for 5-6 days 4.Chest Allergy after Shave. Doesn't occur generally. 5. Finger joints paining. I use to ride a lot and now I'm feeling pain whenever I pull clutch n Brake.

I'm so worried Damon. Please help me.

Response from Mr. Jacobs

Hello - First of all we can agree medically that one cannot acquire HIV or an STI by shaving their body.

However, many men remove pubic hair from a place of shame about their body's natural beauty and often feel guilt and remorse from that experience. That is the antithesis of self-respect and can create a multitude of physical and emotional distress.

To be clear -- a man's body has hormones that often develop into various shapes and patterns of beautiful pubic hair. Some commercial corporations have sought to shame men for enjoying their natural bodies, and tried to indoctrinate them into thinking their bodies "should" look like pre-pubescent children.

But for most men out there pubic hair is a source of aesthetic and sensational pleasure and erotic joy. There is simply no logical reason for a man to fight his natural beauty.

When men decide to remove their pubic hair they are likely to experience rash, irritation, and itchy discomfort, none of which indicate symptoms of HIV or an STI.

The only way you are going to get the answers you seek is to get tested by a professional provider or clinic in your area. But none of the symptoms you describe are indicators of an HIV diagnosis. They do tend to occur in people are afraid of HIV, and/or ashamed of their own bodies.

I hope you will consider getting tested for HIV, all other STIs, and then challenging the cultural delusions that have led you to being afraid of your body's natural beauty.

Previous
How to stop taking PrEP?
Next
Sex with someone on PrEP?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.