Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

I shaved my chest then after two days I'm having red dot like burning rash near the hair follicles....

Now my question is that am I HIV positive? I have gone for the HIV antigen test after 10 days of possible exposure. It came negative. But I'm feeling something.. I don't know why. Please let me know. My symptoms are as follows- 1.Runny Nose 2.2days of sore throat 3.Feet Pain for 5-6 days 4.Chest Allergy after Shave. Doesn't occur generally. 5. Finger joints paining. I use to ride a lot and now I'm feeling pain whenever I pull clutch n Brake.

I'm so worried Damon. Please help me.

Response from Mr. Jacobs

Hello - First of all we can agree medically that one cannot acquire HIV or an STI by shaving their body.

However, many men remove pubic hair from a place of shame about their body's natural beauty and often feel guilt and remorse from that experience. That is the antithesis of self-respect and can create a multitude of physical and emotional distress.

To be clear -- a man's body has hormones that often develop into various shapes and patterns of beautiful pubic hair. Some commercial corporations have sought to shame men for enjoying their natural bodies, and tried to indoctrinate them into thinking their bodies "should" look like pre-pubescent children.

But for most men out there pubic hair is a source of aesthetic and sensational pleasure and erotic joy. There is simply no logical reason for a man to fight his natural beauty.

When men decide to remove their pubic hair they are likely to experience rash, irritation, and itchy discomfort, none of which indicate symptoms of HIV or an STI.

The only way you are going to get the answers you seek is to get tested by a professional provider or clinic in your area. But none of the symptoms you describe are indicators of an HIV diagnosis. They do tend to occur in people are afraid of HIV, and/or ashamed of their own bodies.

I hope you will consider getting tested for HIV, all other STIs, and then challenging the cultural delusions that have led you to being afraid of your body's natural beauty.

How to stop taking PrEP?
Sex with someone on PrEP?