Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

NYC massage parlor?

Nov 7, 2018

Went to a massage parlor. The lady there seemed as though she has been around. A bit older. She proceeded to give me a blow job and spat on my penis. She did this with no condom. I am very worried. I know STI can be transmitted. statistically speaking how concerned should I be.

No symptoms yet. It has been too early

Response from Mr. Jacobs

Just out of curiosity - does anyone out there give or receive blowjobs with condoms?

Okay - so you went to a massage parlor in NYC and received a blowjob. Your risks have nothing to do with her age, her location, nor her sexual experience. It has to do with the fact that your chances of getting an STI from receiving a blow job are extremely low. No one can give you an estimate for exactly how low the risks are, given STI risks through receiving oral sex hasn't been studied. But it seems accurate to say that the person giving oral sex has a lot more vulnerability to risk than the person receiving.

The only way you're going to know for certain is to get tested. Since you're in NYC, I'd highly recommend visiting one of the drop-in sexual health clinics run through the New York City Department of Health (https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/sexual-health-clinics.page).

It seems sad to me that so many people have learned to equate blowjobs, intercourse, and intimacy with fears. In most cases, it is usually someone's guilt causing terror and worry, not the actual risk of an STI. The only way to combat this fear and guilt is to decide to change one's mind about sex -- to recognize sex is a wonderful, healthy, and valuable way to connect with others. Changing your mind can help you more accurately assess risk factors, and make healthier sexual decisions. I hope this helps!

Previous
Finger With Swinger?
Next
Unprotected Sex With Prostitute in Singapore

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.