Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Penis anus rubbing without penetration

Dear Damon,

I am a male. curious. I am worried about a recent exposure. I dated a guy and he rubbed My penis unprotected onto his anus as an act of foreplay, NO penetration (college student. China). it lasted for about 5-6 seconds.(twice) after wards we did some mutual masturbation with hands and he came on my belly (far away from any mucosal membrane) I am very worried about Getting HIV and maybe other STDs. HIV is my biggest concern.

SYMPTOMS: at about 4 days from this exposure. I was having a bad sinus allergy. with excessive sneezing and liquid discharge from nose. (I often have this even without this exposure) I developed a sore throat a day after this and had a slight fever on the nest day (37.2-37.3 degrees C). fever lasted for 2.5 days almost. I started Augmentin 375 mg early on the first day of sore throat on doctors advice. I took it for 7 days. my sore throat completely cleared in 8 days. towards the end of these 8 days. I had greenish and brownish nasal thick nasal discharge (2 days). in total this sore throat episode lasted 8-9 days. these look like ARS symptoms to me. I am not sure but very worried.

TESTS: I got Rapid HIV antibody tests at 3.9 weeks (27 days). (blood and Oral mucosal Transudate. OMT) at CDC funded STD clinic in shanghai. both negative. I tested by a self OMT kit (DPP) at 5 weeks (37 days). still Negative.

HIS TESTS: I gave him an Oral Mucosal Transudate test DPP 6 weeks after this and it is negative. (this is 8.5 weeks after he had had sex with another person ) I saw the negative line myself.

before this he has a proper blood work for all STDs almost an year ago (he is a straight/ curious married guy)

what kind of risk do I Have for HIV. should I be worried? . Please comment on my situation. what should I do. I am extremely worried.

Response from Mr. Jacobs

I think you've answered your own question with the question. Every test is HIV negative. None of the activities you describe carry any risk of transmitting HIV at all.

So what's going on with the symptoms? As you described there may be sinus/allergy issues going on. Often times anxiety creates a strain on the immune system that results in greater incidence of cold symptoms. But based on the events you are sharing I simply can't see any opportunity for HIV to exist.

Remember HIV must be passed from mucous membranes of one person into the mucous membranes of another, hence why it is most commonly transmitted through sexual contact or IV drug use. It cannot be transmitted through casual contact such as kissing, rubbing genitals, touching the outside of his anus with your penis, mutual masturbation, cumming on each other's bellies, or any fluid that is shared outside the body.

I'd like to share you with you some context pertaining to your question. Back in the 1980s and early 1990s we had no successful ways to treat or manage HIV. In the gay community, that meant there was always fear that any anal or oral sex could result in acquiring a deadly virus. In light of that concern, many of us opted to engage in sexual activities that were considered little to no risk. "Frottage" was one such activity, i.e, rubbing your genitals against another person's genitals to orgasm. It offered a tactile option to feel the warmth and enjoyable friction of another person's body, while essentially eliminating the risk of HIV transmission.

We had back then a fundamental understanding that skin is the most effective barrier to acquiring HIV. So whether semen landed on the one's belly, one's penis, one's stomach, or dripped down to one's butt, we knew we could not acquire HIV from these contacts.

I hope this information allows you to relax, and understand how HIV can and cannot be transmitted. For more information about HIV transmissions, please check out our resource page here at The Body.com: http://www.thebody.com/content/30024/hiv-transmission.html

Escort question
Heat of the moment