Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Sex with open banana?

Had protected sex with a guy but we did some foreplay first with a banana he opened it which was strange to me and used it vaginally with me for about 5 secs and then we had protected sex should i worry about HIV transmission if he injected the banana before he opened it? I inspected the banana afterwards and did not see any blood ran it under water no blood please help ease my mind.

Response from Mr. Jacobs

Bananas may be a great source of fiber and protein, but not HIV.

HIV stands for "Human Immunodeficiency Virus," with the key point here being "Human." It must be transmitted from the mucous membranes from one human into the mucous membranes of another human. It cannot be transmitted through casual contact, kissing, touching, body rubbing, nor playing with produce.

As I was reading your question I was trying to understand the process you are fearing. You are wondering if your sexual partner injected a fruit with a live virus and attempted to give you HIV. We've already established that is impossible. But my curiosity here leads me to wonder -- if you are this distrustful of your sexual partner, why are you having sex with him in the first place?

Ideally sex is an experience two consenting adults engage in to feel pleasure. Essential to giving consent and permission is for both to have full information and ability to say "yes" or "no" to activities. I can't imagine how to do that without a semblance of trust in the other person. If I believed that a man had the wherewithal to intentionally and mindfully hurt others then that is a man I would not agree to share my body with.

To learn more about how HIV is transmitted, and how it is not, please check out our resource page here at The Body.com at http://www.thebody.com/content/30024/hiv-transmission.html.

I hope this information helps you to learn, relax, and start the new year making sexual choices that help you to experience play, protection, and pleasure.

It has been a year and I am still afraid to go and get tested please help
Condom broke while bottoming but Im on Prep