Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex with open banana?

Dec 31, 2017

Had protected sex with a guy but we did some foreplay first with a banana he opened it which was strange to me and used it vaginally with me for about 5 secs and then we had protected sex should i worry about HIV transmission if he injected the banana before he opened it? I inspected the banana afterwards and did not see any blood ran it under water no blood please help ease my mind.

Response from Mr. Jacobs

Bananas may be a great source of fiber and protein, but not HIV.

HIV stands for "Human Immunodeficiency Virus," with the key point here being "Human." It must be transmitted from the mucous membranes from one human into the mucous membranes of another human. It cannot be transmitted through casual contact, kissing, touching, body rubbing, nor playing with produce.

As I was reading your question I was trying to understand the process you are fearing. You are wondering if your sexual partner injected a fruit with a live virus and attempted to give you HIV. We've already established that is impossible. But my curiosity here leads me to wonder -- if you are this distrustful of your sexual partner, why are you having sex with him in the first place?

Ideally sex is an experience two consenting adults engage in to feel pleasure. Essential to giving consent and permission is for both to have full information and ability to say "yes" or "no" to activities. I can't imagine how to do that without a semblance of trust in the other person. If I believed that a man had the wherewithal to intentionally and mindfully hurt others then that is a man I would not agree to share my body with.

To learn more about how HIV is transmitted, and how it is not, please check out our resource page here at The Body.com at http://www.thebody.com/content/30024/hiv-transmission.html.

I hope this information helps you to learn, relax, and start the new year making sexual choices that help you to experience play, protection, and pleasure.

Previous
It has been a year and I am still afraid to go and get tested please help
Next
Condom broke while bottoming but Im on Prep

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.