Licking During Periods?

Me. And my boyfriend do sex once a month.. He has a fantacy of. Licking. My vagina. A lott. Yesterday.. He didn't listen to me.. During my. Periods .. He. Licked it. And swallowed. All pussy. Juices and blood too.. I. Am. Worried about his health now. Is. There any. Problem

Response from Mr. Jacobs

I appreciate you writing us at The Body and giving us the opportunity to help you out. Whether or not there is any problem would simply depend on your physical health. You don't mention your HIV status, or his. But if you were living with HIV and were not receiving medical treatment, then it's possible that your blood and vaginal fluids could transmit HIV to others, especially if he has open cuts in his mouth. If you have an STI such as gonorrhea or chlamydia, he could certainly get those from oral sex (licking and swallowing your fluids) and vaginal sex, as well.

But absent of these issues, there doesn't appear to be any substantial dangers or problems with him drinking your menstrual blood is small doses. Some have speculated that drinking human blood in larger quantities could result in an iron deficiency called haemochromatosis (https://www.livescience.com/15899-drinking-blood-safe.html), but I've yet to see a medical journal clarify the actual risks. Some speculate on the positive spiritual meaning of drinking menstrual blood in certain traditional rituals (https://www.honeycolony.com/article/the-power-of-menses/).

My only worry from your question is the sentence, "He didn't listen to me." From what you wrote it sounds like you may have said no, set a sexual boundary, and he ignored it. That to me would be a larger risk for you than a health problem for him. Again, I don't know the context of how this was discussed and communicated between the two of you, but I do feel it's very important that if you are saying "no" to him about certain things that he listens. If he doesn't listen to you when you tell him not to drink your menstrual blood , then what else is he not listening to?

I hope this information can help you to feel more at ease with what happened yesterday, and hopefully communicate with him about what happens in the future. Ideally these discussions are better to have when you're not in the middle of a sexual act, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You have a right to say "no" to any kind of sexual activity that results in you feeling worried, uncomfortable, scared, or in pain. Please consider these options going forward.

Docking?
Bareback sex; top was on prep, I wasnt, possibility of HIV risk?