Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Semen touched me with no intercourse!

Oct 2, 2017

Hi, I was recently in a threesome and I never had intercourse during it, but I did maybe after ejaculating have touched another mans semen with the head and tip of my penis. I was hard during this action and the semen was laid all on top our our female partners breasts. She also rubbed my penis head against it and urethra. The other male also did not have intercourse with her. They both said they were also disease free. Should I be worried? Serious question! Help! I'm going crazy over here!!

Response from Mr. Jacobs

Hi there, this sounds like a fun threesome which was hopefully pleasurable for all three of you. Now you are left with these unknown questions and uncertainties. I appreciate you bringing your concerns here.

Based on the activities you described, you are at no risk of acquiring HIV even if the other man was HIV positive and detectable. Remember, HIV does not live more than a few seconds outside the body, and must be transmitted from the mucous membranes of one person into the mucous membranes of another. If he did have HIV, the active virus would have died or weakened so quickly once it reached her skin that it would have no impact if it entered into your urethra afterward.

I'd like to share you with you some context pertaining to your question. Back in the 1980s and early 1990s we had no successful ways to treat or manage HIV. In the gay community, that meant there was always fear that any anal or oral sex could result in acquiring a deadly virus. In light of that concern, many of us opted to engage in sexual activities that were considered little to no risk. "Frottage" was one such activity, i.e, rubbing your genitals against another person's genitals to orgasm. It offered a tactile option to feel the warmth and enjoyable friction of another person's body, while essentially eliminating the risk of HIV transmission.

It was not uncommon in those days in a threesome or group situation for multiple people to cum on the same body. One guy would cum, the next guy would use that cum to rub himself to ejaculation, leaving more cum for the next guy to rub his penis against. Again, this was considered (and still is) a pleasurable sexy activity with no risk of HIV acquisition.

I was reminded of those groups when I read your question. There are no reported HIV acquisitions from frottage, and there is no known HIV risk associated from your experience either. I hope that this can allow you to breathe easy, and perhaps enjoy the next experience with more facts and fun!

Previous
Prep and oral sex?
Next
Im a top. How long do i need to be inside of a bottom to be at risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.