Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

What's the truth about HIV testing?

Everywhere is saying after a certain window period time (3months) after getting negative is conclusive & even after (6months) confirmation is definitely negative. But why are all these other people saying you can go years without showing positive & that's really freaking me out big time . Does it take years or only takes 6 months? What's the truth? Thank you so much in advance!

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for writing. 98% of people who have been exposed will test positive after 3 months. If you test negative at that time you can be very assured that you are negative. If you are concerned you can take another test at 6 months at which point you can have very high confidence in the result.

If you are sexually active it is recommended that you have a regular testing routing - usually every 3 months.

David

Is Meth Physically Addictive?
I think my meds have affected my brain