Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oral Sex Risk with a TS and Bump

Sep 28, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

17 days ago I had an receptive and insertive oral sex without ejaculation with a transsexual. I was wearing a condom but unfortunately TS was not.

I had medicines starting 3 days after the intercourse. (1 g Ceftriaxone IV single dose, 2x100 mg doxycycline for 14 days, 2x 500mg Cefuroxime for 10 days)

Now I have a circular bump on the bottom of my penis shaft. Right in the intersection point with the rest of the body. It is skin colored, maybe a little bit reddish, 3 mm in diameter. There is no pain. It is in a hairy area. I didn't shave for last 3 weeks.

I read a lot about STDs, which I should have done before this act. There are a lot of STDs, and I don't know which tests to take and when to take them. Because of medication, I don't think that it can be syphilis, is it possible to still have Syphilis or Gonorrhea or Chlamydia after all those medication? Was I too early to get medication? This is the second day I realised the bump. Should I directly go to a physician, or wait for a couple of days so that the bump size and shape finalizes?

Thank you for all your answers.

Regards,

Response from Mr. Cordova

The STD that comes to mind when we talk about a single circular bump is Syphilis; the primary symptom of the disease is a called a chancre, a small-painless bump that happens at the site of the infection. That said, I would not expect the bump to appear so quickly. Doxycycline is used in the treatment of Syphilis. If there was an infection that should have taken care of it.

You can go in for a Syphilis test at 30 days from the incident just to be certain. I am confident the result will be negative.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Could his saliva go through my panties?
Next
Should I consider myself negative?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.