Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

peeling of hands

Hey, so i was at a party a few weeks ago and got into a sexual incounter with some random girl. My hands are flaking, and my friend said some sexual diseases like syphilis involve peeling skin. I don't know whether or not I'm being paranoid. I'm terrified though, so can you help doc?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Syphilis can present in a lot of ways and certainly rashes that appear on the body, including the palms of hands or soles of feet is common. Typically they involve more than just "flaking" or dry skin but that is possible. I would certainly suggest testing for syphilis, if the encounter was a few weeks ago then the test should be positive if you are infected. If test is negative, I would try some lotion. Take care Dr. W

feeding bread to sparrows having hiv
hiv risks and symptoms! please help