three months

Good day , I tested for hbv on 16/01/15 and I had a positive results for hbsag and again the told me to do liver functions test which the results where in a good range . he gave me some lever protection drugs. And he told me to do viral Load for hepatitis b . This is what was on the results HBV. DNA. COPIES :1,042 cp/ml. HEPATITIS B VIRUS DNA : 179 iu/ml

According to the doctor he told me the liver test and the viral load test I have done shows that am safe and he gave me medicine which will boost my immune system and again advice me not to take in alcohol. Aside that I should eat fruits and vegetables . Proper balance diet and I should come back in three months time for another check. 1.what is the meaning of the viral load results? 2.is my results acute or chronic? 3.is my immune system going to fight this virus off with this results

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Whether you have an acute or chronic infection is going to depend on time. Your doctor should schedule an additional test for you to see if you developed antibodies and the virus has gone away (this could take up to six months).

Hope this helps,

Erik

I can catch it hiv if I put a injured finger on the anus of a prostitute ?
HIV symptoms and confusion (amended)