Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv eclia combo

Mar 28, 2015

is eclia combo hiv indicative at two months ? is it definite and conclusive at four months ? i got an prick from a wire which may have come from under the skin of a previously hep c positive electrician who later tested negative , his hiv status was unknown at the time however he was negative a few years back and had no strong history for it apparently , my worry is that my numbers seemed to be increasing on hiv eclia combo , at two months .106 and at four months .210 cut off 1 on both tests , hcv eclia was .043 cut off 1 , why do hiv numbers change alot ? why not hcv numbers , i wish there were effective vaccines for these two diseases , there is effective treatment for hcv but not for hiv , it is thought by researchers to kill people even before they get aids

Response from Mr. Cordova

Test results have ranges because the human body is a living organism that is constantly in flux. Your results were, however, below the cutoff. You are negative for HIV and HCV. Your HIV test results were not conclusive (90 days is). However, I would not expect a negative HIV result at two months to change by 90 days, and also, HIV does not live outside of the human body. Any virus present would be unable to infect you.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Oraquick Test and afraid not following direction correctly
Next
fear of HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.