Female with genital HPV

If I preform oral sex on my HPV/HIV negative male partner, is there a risk of me spreading HPV onto him?

I'm really freaking out about this diagnosis.

Response from Mr. Cordova

If you are infected with the virus orally, then yes, transmission is possible. Using a condom would reduce the risk of transmission.

There is no routine test to diagnose HPV in men. It's very possible that he was the one who transmitted it to you. If he wasn't then that means you had the virus before knowing him, in which case, there was likely exposure to the virus before you became aware you had it.

HPV is quite common, and the body typically clears it within two years. Using a condom for oral, anal, and vaginal sex will reduce the likelihood of transmission.

At the end of the day, it's just one of those things that comes with being sexually active. I wouldn't freak out about it, and if your partner is, remind him that it's quite possible that he was the one that transmitted it.

Bottom line: You can use a condom to help reduce the risk, or continue business as usual with the understanding that it's there. Keep in mind the human body typically clears the infection within two years.

In health,

Richard

knee pain
infected by wearing someones clothes pls I'm been stressing