Sex with an expired condom - HIV or Herpes?

Hi, I just had an hour ago a brief (2 min) sex with a low risk woman who said she got all STD tests done in October and came out negative on all of them (swore on her kids). It was penetrative sex, with a condom that was intact truly the whole time, but the condom was set to expire in Aug 2012. I tested the condom thrice with full water in the tap and saw no water dripping absolutely. I am concerned if I may contract HIV or Herpes from this encounter. Should I get tested? I am particularly concerned about Herpes though she said she doesn't have it. Would I know if I got it in 2 days? Please respond.

Thanks, Ron

Response from Mr. Cordova

It's not good to use expired condoms because the likelihood of them breaking is increased. In this case that didn't happen, so you were still protected against HIV. In regards to Herpes, that is a skin-to-skin disease. The condom greatly reduced the likelihood of transmission, but on areas that the condom did not cover there was certainly a risk. That risk is always present with Herpes.

You would not know if you got it in two days. If you like, you can go in for a Herpes test in about 30 days. Be advised that if it shows up positive, you may have been infected long before this incident. Just because a person contracts Herpes does not mean they will have an outbreak. Or they can become infected, but won't have an outbreak for a long period after they were infected.

In health,

Richard

test after 53 days of exposure
third times asking