So how risky is my situation?

Hello Doctor,

I'm worried because I have been reading about the risks of contracting HIV from oral sex. Information is not very clear, though.

Here's the situation: I have been performing unprotected insertive oral sex with about 35 men (random men, whose HIV status I don't know) for the last three years. Just that. No anal intercourse, no receptive; just insertive oral.

Am I at any risk? Would you say this behavior is risky for HIV? Should I get tested?

Thank you very much.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Oral sex is considered low risk for HIV. If you've been having oral sex without condoms, then you have been at risk for HIV. We'd recommend that you get tested on a regular basis.

Even though risk for HIV is low, the risk for other STDs in the mouth can be much higher. So getting tested for STDs on a regular basis would be good too.

Hope this helps,

Erik

a severe question ??????????? erik sir please rply???????
Hiv in a freezer follow up question