chlamydia Risk

My partner had infected me with Chlamydia in the past month. I was treated with azithromycin and took the full dose. Since then, I have seen the same untreated partner but have no given oral sex or had sex. He did perform orally on me. He did rub his penis near me but we were very cautious. Is there risk for re-infection? I thought it could only be treated with actually having sex. Thank you

Response from Mr. Cordova

It's highly unlikely that reinfection would have occurred in this case. It's more easily transmitted during oral sex when the insertive partner is male. The bacteria prefer the dark and moist areas of the back of the throat. Transmission occurs when a male partner inserts his penis into the back of a partners throat. I would not expect transmission to occur in this case, but if he had it orally, it could be possible.

In regards to him rubbing his penis near you, again, not likely. Transmission typically occurs when the penis is inserted into the vagina or rectum.

BOTTOM LINE: I would not be concerned. I would however suggest that your partner get treated ASAP.

In health,

Richard

Please help really worried about my son
Just yes or no would sufficient