Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried I might have caught HIV or other STIs

Dec 20, 2014

Hello doctor. 4 days ago, during a sexual encounter, I licked the upper part of my girlfriends vagina. There might have been some vaginal fluids on there. I did not lick the inner part of her vagina, nor the vaginal lips, only the part above the urethra for 15-20 seconds. I did not have cuts or sores in my mouth, nor did she have any blood, sores or broken skin in that area. This is our first sexual relationship. Neither me, nor she has ever engaged in a sexually active relationship before. I am very afraid that I might have caught AIDS or some other STI from her. We are both virgins. Please answer, I am sick with worry.

Response from Mr. Cordova

If you were both virgins then it would be impossible for either of you to have any STD, including HIV. However, even if she hadn't been a virgin, this was an extremely low-risk situation. So low that I would feel comfortable saying it was a no-risk situation.

Also, the only way to tell if you have been infected with HIV or another STD is to be tested. Anyone who is sexually active should be tested for all STD's including HIV at least once a year, and preferably every six months.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Sex with a call girl... scared!
Next
Urgently need help! I've sent a question to everyone!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.