Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Please help me! I am suffering extreme anxiety....

Hello Mr. Cordova, I think I am asking you a question that probably has been asked a lot of times before. I am sorry but I am totally stressed out and I really need someone who is expertise in HIV Study to help me with this problem. About 6 months ago, I went to a nail salon. When I entered the salon, there was no one there except for the manicurist. The temperature was a bit high, around 32 or 33 degrees Celsius as it was summer time. When she was trimming my nails, she carelessly cut my finger. It was a very small cut and there was a very little drop of blood bleeding from my finger then. I was really shocked and scared. The time from the moment I entered the salon until my finger got cut was about 15 minutes. I am still super worried that I could have got HIV infection. I haven't not had any fever or rash since then though. What I have experienced has been muscle pains (sometimes) and headache. Can you please let me know if there was any chance that I got HIV from a used nail clipper? I would be very grateful if you can help me with this! Thanks a million!!!!

Response from Mr. Cordova

I would not be concerned. HIV does not live well outside of the body. Any virus present would be unable to infect you.

In health,

Richard

HIV symptoms?
Blood clottinng on the head of the penis.