Could be caused by hiv?

Hi I just had a physical and got my blood work back. I have a high ALT test at 62. My hiv was negative, but had sex with in three months prior. I used a condom both time for vaginal sex but did not use it for oral the first time. Can you tell me if HIV elevate ur ALT test results or what It possible coup be? Thank you

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

The first thing to realize here is that an ALT test cannot answer whether you have HIV or not, only a HIV test will tell you that.

That being said, it sounds like your risk for HIV was very low to being with (oral sex). By all means, definitely get tested for HIV/STDs at the 3 month point, but the odds are in your favor with HIV.

Hope this helps,

Erik

hiv in freezer
Am I at risk of getting HIV?