Is it dangerous?

I am a circumcised male. I accidently had unprotected vaginal sex for 10 seconds with a woman whose Hiv status was unknown. Can I be infected from this incident?

Any time that your mucous membranes (the lining of your mouth, urethra, or rectum) come into contact with fluids that potentially carry HIV (vaginal secretions, blood, semen), you are at risk for infection. It is difficult to determine your risk based on how long you were exposed, since there isn't any research that speaks to this specific issue. Logic might dictate that the less time you are exposed the less chance there is for infection; the problem is, logic doesn't always work when it comes to transmission. Research does tell us that in one instance of unprotected insertive vaginal intercourse with an infected person, the odds of infection are quite low (less than 1%).

Of course, it is best to use a condom during the entire sex act to relieve your doubts.

RMK

Symptoms storry of an EX-worried Well
Need a little advice....