Possible HIV or Hep exposure during blood draw. Please help

I was getting blood drawn in the ER and I noticed the person drawing my blood had blood on her finger (not mine). If the blood on her finger was infected what are my chances of getting infected. She did use a clean needle because I watched her take it out of the package. I am worried that while holding pressure maybe she could have contaminated the site. Please help this is really effecting my life. I am so worried. Do I need to get tested?? What are my chances since the needle was clean?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

If the person drawing your blood actually had old blood on her finger, that was highly improper practice for sure.

However, the likelihood of you being infected from that sound minimal to none. There's certainly no risk for HIV from this either.

HIV dies very quickly as soon as it leaves another person's body, so that's off the table.

Hepatitis on the other hand can live in dry blood. The problem in your situation though, is that the Hepatitis would have to get inside your body. It's hard to see how this would happen unless she rubbed the blood onto the point where she poked you. She'd almost have to do this on purpose to make it happen!

It all seems very unlikely.

Hope this helps,

Erik

a few seconds bareback
Anal fluid from condom reversed?