after having protected sex im getting itching im very much worried

dear sir, i had an protected sex with my partner.the next day i got my periods. after 2 week of my periods got over. i found some rashes and itching on the outside part. im so much worried. can u please find some solution for it? when i had been to doctor they gave meCLOTRIMAZOLE CREAM IP and tablets name called METROGEL 200 and DOXY-1 L-DR FORTE.

Hi Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Because you used protection your risk for HIV transmission is extremely low.

What sounds like what happened is that you were infected with another sexually transmitted infection and this is what your health care provider is treating you for.

HIV transmission can only occur when there is a direct and prolonged exposure to body fluids, semen, vaginal fluid, blood or mother to child through breast feeding. This most commonly occurs through unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing of needles. Casual contact, sharing utensils, drinking after someone, etc are not way for HIV transmission to occur. If you go to this link HIV101 it will take you to our page that talks about the ways in which HIV is and is not transmitted.

The testing guidelines for HIV are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures happened during this time frame than the results are conclusive.

HIV exposure -uber anxious- please help #2
Please help am I infected