|6 month antibody
Aug 24, 2014
When and what symptoms are present that require antibody testing past 6 months? Please answer, and thank you very much. Never had a doctor go into detail when a negative is for sure negative on antibody testing.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
I used to order 6 month HIV testing when we only had antibody testing and the patient was profoundly anxious about their risk of infection. With viral load and p24 testing, 6 month testing no longer makes sense.
See http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/HIVtestingAlgorithmRecommendation-Final.pdf and check out figure 1 on page 11.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.