Dr Wohl I hope your advice to me on 22 Aug be true

Dr. Wohl,

I am totally indebted to you, your advice to my question on 22 Aug "Dr Wohl need your advice desparately - Risks & Testing on Serious Events", has assured me.

However today I gave them another blood sample and contacted the local Pathologist Dr. He said that my previous results were 1.17 on HIV Duo so as per international protocol they have asked for a re-sample.

He also informed me that 1.17 is borderline and they will repeat the test and do a split test separately for AG and AB. He also inform me that he also thinks that this may be a false positive as the value is less, earlier test and possible low exposure. But they will give the results as indeterminate if the repeat test is positive and split tests are negative. which then will have to be confirmed by two PCR RNAs. I am under tremendous stress and a line or two from you will be soothing. I will keep you informed when I get the results.

Yes, in repeat testing in cases where the risk of infection is low or nil the chances of a false positive become greater than the chance of true infection.

dentist ultrasonic scaler
Need to clarify