dentist ultrasonic scaler

Many Thanks for your reply Dr Wohl. I really appreciate your time. It was unclear whether it was a penetration. I definitely felt a sharp penetrating sensation but it was difficult to see if there was a penetration due to persistent pressure on the area to try to push out blood. The attempted was not successful (did not bleed from the skin) but it made the area very red and difficult to examine for a possible penetration. If we assume that there was a penetration, could the tip of the cavitron contain enough virus for transmitting HIV despite constant irrigation with water? The tip was not used on patient's tissue but perhaps contaminated with his saliva (again it is constantly irrigated with water and has ultrasonic vibration). Is a supper facial penetration also a risk for infection? Best regards

I don't think there could have been any where near sufficient virus present to cause infection in this case.

valtrex and hiv
Dr Wohl I hope your advice to me on 22 Aug be true