HIV_ejaculated_butt crack

Dear Dr Wohl,

I am a gay male and recently have had sex with another guy whom I do not know his HIV status. He lubed his private part with baby oil and humped and rubbed his private part against my butt crack (no condom and no penetration) until he ejaculated.

What is the chance that I have an HIV?

I am quite worried.

Pretty low risk for HIV. I understand your concern that HIV infected semen could have entered through your anus to the rectum but that seems unlikely. Other STIs would be more likely than HIV with this kind of exposure. That the risk is low but not zero for HIV means you should get tested now and per the routine in your clinic based on the test they use.

Dr Wohl - Thanks for a perfect advice
valtrex and hiv