Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please some advice
Aug 23, 2014

I had a recent encounter with a girl, I had known her about a year now, we did NOT have sex but here's what happened:

We didn't have sexual intercourse, didn't perform oral sex either way, and I did not "finger" her. No body part was inserted in any way one form or another.

I did however bush my arm against some, I suspect might have been, vaginal fluid on her leg. I think she then simply wiped it away with the dress she was wearing or her hand I cant remember (she says it got on her leg from her dress since it was on the outside of her thigh)

After she proceeded to masturbate me through my shorts. I then took over, still masturbating through my shorts but now with the head of my penis and portion of my penis exposed. I was kneeling in between her legs but again there was no direct contact, only between my outer thigh and her inner thighs.

There was no direct contact with her vagina, or any of her vaginal fluid to any part of my penis (foreskin or head).

My concern and question is that I am now paranoid that some of the fluid may have gotten on my shorts, particularly the ends where it was gathering around and on my foreskin, and then transferred to my penis (foreskin).

Am I at risk? Is there any risk? Should I get myself tested? Please I need an answer to calm my nerves and my anxiety. I've managed to keep my worries in check with simple reasoning but I need some professional advice and opinions.

Please help.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

You asked: Am I at risk? Is there any risk? Should I get myself tested?

My answers: No. Nope. Not for this case.

There simply wasn't any opportunity for body fluids to leave one of your bodies and go inside the other person. You might be worried about a small microscopic amount. Semen and vaginal fluid aren't trying to get inside your body. They're not going to seep through your shorts and enter into your penis unless there was a TON of fluid, which there most certainly wasn't in this case.

You really would've needed penetration for her fluid to get up inside you for there to be risk. There really isn't any other way.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Previous
Can i test positive on hiv when i have either prostrate cancer or hepatitis?
Next
A question I've always had

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.