Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV and Chlamydia
Aug 23, 2014

My last exposure was in July 24, anal and safe and unsafe 50-50, and I got tested for STD's on August 9th, for HIV P24 and NAAT tested performed, then I found out I got Chlamydia, of course I got my treatment same day as of results revealed, the other STDs plus HIV turned Negative? but should I still worry for HIV? I will appreciate if you are going to take me out of worried situation. Thank you so much

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It sounds like your HIV test gave you an okay idea of your status, but it's going to be important to get tested at 3 months to confirm your status. You had risk for HIV, that's true. But remember: risk just means a chance. That's why you need another test, to tell us how it all turned out.

In the meantime, it can help to talk to trusted people in your life to help manage your feelings while you wait to get your 3 month test. You may also want to consider some things that can help you take the safety of your sex to the next level (such as carrying a few condoms on you whenever you feel like sex might happen).

Hope this helps,

Erik

Previous
Are condoms safe and effect for man-to-man anal sex?
Next
can i get HIV if i ingest some blood?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.